On my New Zealand holiday I had the best avocado smash at a restaurant in Hemner Springs. I tried to replicate this recipe back home (from memory).
- Sourdough Bread
- Cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- Spring Onions
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Good Olive Oil
- Salt, pepper
- Heat some olive oil in the skillet
- Peel and press garlic
- Add garlic to skillet and cook until aromatic (1-2 minutes)
- Add slices of sourdough bread and press down to toast and suck up the flavoured oil
- Once crisp, remove from pan and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Dice the spring onions and cherry tomatoes into small pieces (under 5mm)
- Combine in a bowl and add olive oil, season lightly with salt and pepper
- Slice the avocado in its shell and then scop into a small serving bowling
To serve, spread the avocado onto the sourdough bread. Top with cream cheese and salad topping.
Suggestions and improvements welcome in the comments! :)