I had some trouble getting this to work because there are defects in the firmware. This post explains briefly how to get FTP working.
- Go to Setup > Storage > Destinations > FTP tab
- Enter the details shown below
- Click on test
- “FTP server test failure, list right loss.” means it is successful, observe the test folder getting created in your FTP share.
- Reboot the camera manually. System > Auto Maintain > Manual Reboot
- After reboot, go back to Storage > Destination and enable FTP. You should see the camera data directory is getting created in your FTPshare.
Labelled code block
Address: 10.1.1.20 Port: 21 usenrame: your fto username password: your ftp password Directory: /mnt/Kingston/amcrest
Note about directory; I found i had to set this to the same path my FTP server is configured. On ProFTP I created a user
gadmin-proftpd (a GUI tool for configuring ProFTPd.).